Working Cockers On Line

FORUMS

Forum Home > HEALTH > Sam needs operation on his front legs

Gary

Would really appreciate your advice and comments on this issue please.

Sam started to limp on his left front leg about two weeks ago, and so we took him to the vets to get checked out. The vet checked him over and suggested that we get his legs x rayed. £325 later, front legs x rayed and sent to orthapedic expert who suggested that his front legs need operating on to rectify the problem at an estimated cost of £2000.

Sam's problem is that his Unla and Radius bones have grown at different rates and caused him to have the " Queen Anne leg issue" which gives him a slight bow leg appearance, his left leg being the worst.

He's now on Matacam, tesco insurance want nothing to do with it, due to it being an " pre -existing condition" so now we are looking at funding the operation ourselves. Sam is still running around like a idiot, not sure if that's the Matacam or that it just doesn't bother him, and he doesn't mind when you touch his legs / joints. BTW vet says keep him from running and jumping around, and also quite sadate walks on the lead...............your kidding right !!!!!

Before we take the next step, i thought i would run it by the members on the forum.

All comments and advice welcome.

October 2, 2015 at 3:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gillian

Dear Gary  I am so sorry to hear this - and Sam looks such a sweetie.  I am afraid I don't have any words of wisdom to impart but I do hope he is OK.  In future, although expensive, PetPlan is pretty good and do get a second opinion.  

Hope he will be OK

--

October 19, 2015 at 11:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Lazar

Gary sorry to hear this if you go nto gundog training forum there's a board or health qustions you will get a lot more replys on there.

October 20, 2015 at 8:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

This site supports the....

Recent Forum Posts

by Barbara 7 months ago
by Deb over a year ago
by Cass over a year ago
by Gillian over a year ago

Upcoming Events

Monday, Dec 25 All Day
Thursday, Feb 1 All Day
Tuesday, Dec 25 All Day